Events: Sept. 6-12
Shrek is love. Shrek is life. And the iconic Shrekfest is this week.
- The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show. Thursday through Saturday. Virtual. Classes, vendors, contests. Free.
- Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. Friday through Sunday in Jefferson. Vendors, quilt raffle, sheep shows, art classes, newborn lambs. $10 for day pass, $20 for weekend pass. Kids free.
- Bicycle Film Festival. Friday through 9/19. Features films with connections to cycling. Virtual. Choose your own price tickets starting at $10.
- Vibe High music festival in Brodhead (approx. 45 min drive from Madison). Friday through Sunday. $30 for day pass, $60 for weekend pass.
Monday, Sept. 6
- Labor Day!
- Labor Day Dash at Vilas Park organized by Safe Harbor. 5K or 10K run that includes a stroller division and a "tot trot." Registration at 7:45 a.m. with events throughout the morning. Ticket prices vary.
- Shifting Gears Bike Path Festival. Performances along the bike path and local parks. 12-6 p.m. Free.
- "Tinder Live with Lane Moore" comedy show at the Bur Oak. $15 advance, $18 at door. 8 p.m.
- "10 Things I Hate About You" screening at Memorial Union Terrace. 9-11 p.m. Free.
Tuesday, Sept. 7
- Wisconsin Historical Society author talk with Sergio González, who will discuss diverse journeys of Mexicans to the Badger State. 6 p.m. Virtual. Free.
- AJR with Sasha Slone and Daisy the Great at The Sylvee. Doors 6:00 p.m., show 7:30 p.m. $55 General Admission. Proof of vaccination required.
- Trivia at the Wisconsin Brewing Company. 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Free.
- Open Mic at The Bur Oak. Sign up at 6 p.m., performances start at 7 p.m. Free.
- Forward Madison FC Vs. Minneapolis City SC. 7 p.m. Breese Stevens Field. Tickets start at $18.
Wednesday, Sept. 8
- Chrysalis Courtyard Pop Up. Resale, vintage, craft vendors. 4-7 p.m. Free.
- Conservation Park Tour at Moraine Woods in Verona. 6 p.m. Free.
- Jazz at Five at McKee Farms Park in Fitchburg. 5 p.m. Free.
- Drag Queen Bingo at Shamrock. Hosted by the Majestic Cynthia Mooseknuckle. 8-10 p.m. $20 reserves a table for you and up to 6 friends. Two Free Bingo cards are included with reservation.
Thursday, Sept. 9
- Making of the State Street Adult Coloring Book at Goodman South Madison Library. "Join local artist, Doug Haynes, as he takes listeners through the exciting journey of the making of the State Street Adult Coloring Book, from concept to creation." 6-7:30 p.m. Free.
- Luke Bryan Farm Tour in Marshall. $56 in advance, $70 day of. Starts at 6 p.m.
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus at The Annex at the Red Zone. $20. 6 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 10
- Petting zoo at Holy Cross Church. 4-7 p.m. Free.
- Ironman Wisconsin Underwear Run. Run from Monona Terrace down State Street to the UW Memorial Union Terrace and back. Open to everyone. 5 p.m. Cash donation for the Dane County Humane Society expected.
- Waxahatchee with Katy Kirby at the Sylvee. Doors 6:30 p.m. Show 8:00 p.m. $25. Proof of vaccination required.
- Arun Luthra's Konnakol Jazz Project at Wisconsin Union Theater. $40. 7:30 p.m.
- D.J. Block Party, part of the Mad Lit event series, on the 100 block of State Street. 8-11 p.m. Free.
- Capitol Comedy Hour at The Rigby Pub and Grill. 9 p.m. $10. 21+ event. Masks required.
Saturday, Sept. 11
- Fall Migration Birding Walk at Pope Farm Conservatory. 7:30-8:30 a.m. Free.
- Mobilization Against Militarism rally at the Dane County Farmer's Market. Organized by Wisconsin Coalition to Ground the Drones and End the Wars. 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Kids Building Wisconsin. McKee Farms Park. Interactive exhibits to get kids interested in construction careers. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free.
- Madtown Artisans Third Annual Fall Event at Harmony Bar and Grill. 20+ artists and makers. 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. Free.
- Madison Brewery Bike Race. Drink a beer at Delta Beer Lab, ride to Hop Haus in Fitchburg, ride back to Delta Beer Lab to finish and enjoy a victory pint. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. $30 in advance; $35 race day registration. Includes 3 beers.
- The Sessions at Garver Feed Mill. Six bands. $10. 12-8 p.m.
- Bookmobile Bash. 1874 S. Stoughton Rd. Features band, ice cream, games, prizes. 1-4 p.m. Free.
- Thirsty Troll Brew Festival in Mt. Horeb. Craft brewers serving over 100 taps with a focus on Midwest craft brews. Also music and food. 1-5 p.m. $45 tickets, $10 for designated drivers.
- Movies in the Park: "Soul" at Warner Park. 2 p.m. Free.
- Shrekfest! The event is online this year. Shrek art show, a roar contest, a costume contest, an onion eating contest, and a screening of Shrek Retold. Starts at 5 p.m. Free.
- UW Madison football vs. Eastern Michigan at Camp Randall. 6 p.m
- Gogol Bordello at the Sylvee. Doors 6:30 p.m, show 8:00 p.m. $29.50+. Proof of vaccination required.
- "We Need to Do Something" screening at Vilas Hall. Organized by UW Cinematheque. 7 p.m. Free.
- Forward Madison FC vs. Richmond Kickers. 7 p.m. $18+.
Sunday, Sept. 12
Ironman triathlon. Sunday. Several streets will be closed in the downtown area. Map here.
- WORTstock: A Musical Celebration Of Community Radio at Warner Park. Music, food, craft vendors. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Free.
- Getting to Know Your Madison Police Department: Rookies. Virtual. 2-3:15 p.m. Free.
- Phoebe Bridgers at Breese Stevens Field. Doors 5:30 p.m., show 7:00 p.m. $39.50+. Proof of vaccination required.
- First day of Madison Bike Week, which lasts through 9/18.