Madison Minutes is a free daily morning newsletter. Sign up here to get the scoop on news and events in our community.
Monday, Nov. 15
- Special Madison school board meeting to address safety after several fights at East High. More details in this State Journal story. 5 p.m. Virtual.
- Best of Madison Taste 2021. Mingle with the winners of Best of Madison. $25. 6-9 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- 2021 State of the City with the Verona Area Chamber of Commerce. Speakers include Verona Mayor Luke Diaz, City Administrator Adam Sayre, and representatives from the Verona Area School District. 7:30-9 a.m.
- Dog nail trim clinic at the Barrymore. Benefits Lola's Lucky Day Rescue. 4:30-7 p.m. Pre-registration required. $15 per dog.
- Workshop: “Color, Texture, Shape & Form” with Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Learn terminology that will help you decipher what scientific names can tell you about plants. 6 p.m. Virtual. $15 non-member, $12 member.
- A Virtual Reading with H. Melt, author of “There Are Trans People Here.” Organized by A Room of One’s Own. 7 p.m.
- Author talk: “Dear Azula, I Have a Crush on Danny Phantom” with Azura Tyabji at Madison Central Library. 7 p.m.
- Groove Roulette Season 2 finale w/guest host Rich D'Amore. Musicians from different local bands come together and improvise unique and original music. 7 p.m. Virtual. Free.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Panel: “The Impact Of COVID-19 In Prisons” with UW’s Institute for Research on Poverty. 1 p.m. Virtual.
- "Warrior Women" screening at Union South. From IMDb: "Warrior Women is the story of mothers and daughters fighting for Native rights in the American Indian Movement of the 1970s." 6:30 p.m. Free.
- Weekday Beer Flight Wednesday at Growlers to Go. Flights of three different 10oz pours. “That's THIRTY OUNCES for only $10! And the best part: NO RESTRICTIONS! YOU. PICK. THE. BEERS!!!!!” 4-7 p.m.
- Virtual Conversation with Blair Braverman and Quince Mountain, authors of “Dogs on the Trail!” Organized by a Room of One’s Own. 7 p.m.
- VO5 concert to celebrate healthcare workers & show support for UW RN’s unionization campaign. Free. 7:30 p.m.
- Wynonna Judd with the Big Noise at the Barrymore. 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $45.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- Sustain Dane Summit. A "day filled with education, inspiration, reflection, and connection." $75 general admission.
- Madison Night Market. Local art, live music. The market runs along State Street and Gilman Street. 4-9 p.m. See full list of vendors here.
- Holiday Cocktail Class at Garver Lounge. 2-3 hour class. Take home recipes, bitters and sweet vermouth so you are ready to recreate cocktails at home. 6 p.m. $160 for 2 people.
- Cooking with the Cap Times: Chef Tami Lax. Food editor Lindsay Christians will talk and prepare duck confit stuffing with Tami Lax, the chef and owner of Harvest and The Old Fashioned. Virtual attendees are welcome to cook along and encouraged to ask questions. 6 p.m. Virtual. Free.
- Holiday Bake-Along with The Baked Lab. Learn all the tips and tricks of the pie-trade. Virtual. 6 p.m. Free.
- Surfaces at The Sylvee. Doors at 6:30 p.m., show at 7:15 p.m. Tickets start at $25.
- Panchromatic Steel at High Noon Saloon. Tickets start at $12. Doors at 7 p.m., show at 8 p.m.
- Phony Ppl at Wisconsin Union Theater. Tickets start at $35, with discounts for UW staff and students. 7:30 p.m.
- Late Night is back at Mint Mark for one night only. Late night eats and cocktails. 10 p.m.-close.
Friday, Nov. 19
- Winter Market Sip N' Stroll at Fitchburg Farms. 5-9 p.m. Over 100 Free admission.
- Adrianne Lenker at High Noon Saloon. Doors 5 p.m., show at 6 p.m. Tickets start at $21.
- Comedian Tim Dillon at the Orpheum. Doors 6 p.m., show at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $35.
- Low-fi Screen Printing Workshop with bernie & zuzu at Garver Feed Mill. 7 p.m. $25.
- Jay Matthes at Barnwood Events. 7 p.m. $10.
- Unscripted! An Improvised Stand Up and Variety Bonanza at Bos Meadery. 8-9:30 p.m. $10.
- Hip Hop's Clash of the Titans (Verzuz Edition) at High Noon Saloon. Doors at 9:30 p.m., show at 10 p.m. Tickets start at $10.
Saturday, Nov. 20
- Holiday Market at Monona Terrace. More than 60 vendors. 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Harvest Walk with Madison Public Library storyteller-in-residence Andi Cloud at Edna Taylor Conservation Park. "Take a stroll through Edna Taylor Conservation Park .. and listen in for an autumn harvest storytime for adults and families of all ages." 10 a.m.
- Drag brunch at the Rigby. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. $30 includes admission and breakfast.
- UW Football vs. Nebraska. Kickoff at 2:30 p.m.
- Vintage Clothing & Art Pop-up Shop at 513 State Street. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Caamp at the Sylvee. Doors at 6:30 p.m., show at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $30.
- Full Moon Night Walk at UW arboretum. 6:30 p.m. Free.
- Found Footage Festival: Tape Trading Classics at The Barrymore. “Hosts … take you back in time to the pre-internet 90s to resurrect the best ‘tape traded’ videos passed from weirdo to weirdo on VHS.” Doors at 7 p.m., show at 8 p.m. $15 advance, $18 at door.
- Leesh at Robinia Courtyard. Dance party. 9 p.m. $10.
Sunday, Nov. 21
- Free Fall Scenting Party at The Soap Opera. "Create your own unique fragrance & bring 1 dram of it home with you free." 9 am-12 p.m.
- Arbor Vitae String Quartet presents "American Dreams" at Arts + Literature Laboratory. 7 p.m. Tickets $15 in advance, $20 at door.
- 9 Lives Rescue: Madison Adoption Fair at EarthWise Pet Madison. 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Mad City Bridal Expo at Double Tree by Hilton. 11:30 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Some things to look forward to…
📨 Need something? Email us at email@example.com.
📅 Do you wish your event was in our events post? Tell us about it using this form.
📜 Our events guidelines:
- We prioritize events that are some combination of the following: free/low cost, organized by locals, and of interest to the general public.
- Since we’re a small team, we are not able to offer feedback on when/if events will be included.
- We request at least a week’s heads up on upcoming events.