We want to help readers find new and interesting ways to spend their time in the Madison area. That’s why we do our best to curate an uncluttered, helpful feed of local events.
To that end, we will not publish the following kinds of events on our calendar:
- Club meetings. There are too many club meetings for our small team to keep up with, so we will not approve listings for regular club meetings. If you’re doing an interesting special event, though, let us know!
- Events outside of Dane County. Our focus is on Madison and the surrounding communities.
- Government meetings. For now, we are not including the details of regular government meetings.
- Placeholder events or listings for deadlines. We publish events – not reminders.
- Political fundraisers or events. Madison Minutes doesn’t have a political affiliation, and we do not endorse parties or candidates.
- Private events. If your event isn’t open to the public, it is not a good fit for our calendar.
The following kinds of events are not eligible for free listings, but can be added to the calendar by purchasing a paid advertisement.
- Classes or courses with a fee.
- Job fairs.
- Retail sales, garage sales, or dining specials.
- Real estate open houses.
Our number one goal is making sure readers have access to high-quality information, which means we may need to edit event details of posts that are submitted.