We're No. 1 for No. 2s
What's your favorite public toilet in Madison?
Happy Friday, Madison!
Here's a fun fact to start your day: Madison apparently leads the nation in public toilets.
According to the Public Toilet Index, Madison has 35 public toilets per 100,000 people. Nationwide, the average is only eight public toilets per 100,000 people.
Madison also has dozens of lactation-friendly spaces open for public use (see a map here).
🖤 P.S. Happy new Fall Out Boy day to all who celebrate.
🚘 Expect traffic around Alliant Energy Center today.
- The Dane County Sheriff's Office says drivers should be prepared for more traffic than usual around the Beltline and at the John Nolen Drive and Rimrock Road exits.
- Why? The State Folkstyle Wrestling Championship is in town.
🗳️ Get familiar with the spring state-wide referendums.
- The election is April 4. In addition to candidates, voters will have the opportunity to weigh in on three state-wide referendums.
- Two of the questions surround cash bail and the other is a non-binding referendum on welfare work requirements.
- Get familiar with the state-wide referendums with this helpful explainer from WPR.
- In addition to the state-wide referendums, there are also county-wide and municipal referendums on the ballot. You can see what your ballot will look like here.
⚽️ Forward Madison's newest player is 16.
- Feel old? The 'Mingos recently signed 16-year-old midfielder Tino Vasquez to an Academy Contract. This kind of contract allows younger players to "experience the senior team level of play at a young age, while maintaining college eligibility," according to the United Soccer League.
- "Tino’s an exciting young player with a very high ceiling" Head Coach Matt Glaeser said in a statement. "We’re looking forward to having him in our environment and having him grow and develop here."
🎸 The Summerfest lineup is here.
- The lineup for the festival's 55th