The Dane County Farmer's Market is back at the Capitol Square starting this weekend!
And don't forget this great Easter egg hunt roundup from Madison Mom.
Have a good week!
Monday, April 11
- Pundamonium, a pun slam, at High Noon Saloon. Show at 7 p.m. $7.
- Open Mic Comedy Night at The Bur Oak. 7-11 p.m. Free.
- Guest Artist Series: James Button at Hamel Music Center. 7:30 p.m. $13.
Tuesday, April 12
- Panel: The Black Business Hub and UW-Madison: Opportunities for transformation and partnership with The Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation. 4 p.m. Free.
- Concert Bingo at High Noon Saloon. Prizes include merchandise and concert tickets. Free.
- Presentation: The Significance of the Ho-Chunk in American History at the Wisconsin Historical Society. Virtual option. 5 p.m. Free.
- Webinar: Low-Income Housing: Where Do We Go Next? With the League of Women Voters Wisconsin. Virtual. 7 p.m. Free.
Wednesday, April 13
- Clean Lakes 101: Lake Mendota – The Good, The Bad, The Present with Clean Lakes Alliance. 8 a.m. Virtual option. Free.
- Open and Shut Podcast Launch Event by Wisconsin Watch and WPR. Podcast shines a light on how prosecutors do their jobs — and the danger of allowing their power to go unchecked — through the trials, plea bargains and controversies surrounding district attorneys in two Wisconsin counties. 12 p.m. Virtual. Free.
- Beer Bingo with Sierra Nevada at Bierock. Prizes include various beer-related giveaways, brewery swag, free pours. 6:30 p.m. Free to play.
- Presentation: Insects and Ecosystem Services on a Changing Planet: Insights From the Humble Bumble Bee. Part of the Wednesday Nite @ The Lab series. 7 p.m.
Thursday, April 14
- Timberdoodle Trek at UW Arboretum. Learn all about the Timberdoodles, also known as the American Woodcock. 6 p.m. Free.
- Abraham Smith & Steve Timm Double New Book Reading at Arts + Literature Laboratory. 7 p.m.
- “Youth Unstoppable” screening at Neighborhood House Community Center. 6:30 pm. Free.
- Craig Taborn at Café Coda. 7 p.m. $30. 🟠
- Lecture: The Great Divide: Education, Despair & Death at the Overture Center. Dr. Anne Case of Princeton University will “review the rising prevalence of pain and despair.” 7 p.m. Virtual option. Free.
- The Furious Bongos play the music of Frank Zappa at High Noon Saloon. 8:30 p.m. $15.
Friday, April 15
- Panel: 1972 Duke Ellington UW-Madison residency at Hamel Music Center. Fifty years ago this summer, UW hosted Ellington and his orchestra for the longest university residency of Ellington’s career. 10 a.m.
- Johnny Guitar (1954) screening at UW Cinematheque. From IMDb: "After helping a wounded gang member, a strong-willed female saloon owner is wrongly suspected of murder and bank robbery by a lynch mob. Screening at 7 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Pytton/Vandermark/Wooley Trio at Café Coda. 8 p.m. $20. 🟠
- Ed Schrader's Music Beat at Memorial Union Rathskeller. 8 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Big Bills Farewell Tour with Chloe Louise and Cosmic Toast at BarleyPop Live. 8 p.m. $10.
- Lala Lala, Elton Aura at High Noon Saloon. Music at 9:30 p.m. $15 advance, $18 doors. 🟠
- Dyke Dive pop-up bar with DJ Sarah Akawa at The Wisco. All queer people and allies welcome. 9:30 p.m.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Crucible featuring the cast of Madison's Velvet. Show at 12 a.m. $8.
Saturday, April 16
- Dane County Farmers Market on the Square. 8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Free.
- On the Margins: Genealogy, The Law and Women, Children, and Minorities with the Wisconsin Historical Society. Interactive workshop that will help you find records to open up the stories of ancestors – especially those that are difficult to research because they are marginalized in society. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Virtual. $40.
- Madison Print and Resist Zinefest 2022 at Central Library. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Vincent Davis / Junius Paul Duo at Café Coda. 7 & 9 p.m. (two shows). $20 per show. 🟠
- April Watershed Reading at Arts + Literature Laboratory featuring poets K. Iver, Jennifer Nelson, and Austin Segrest. Free.
- Night Walk at UW Arboretum. Guided nighttime stroll, no pre-registration required. 7 p.m. Free.
- Chungking Express (1994) screening at UW Cinematheque. Screening at 7 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Micky Dolenz celebrates The Monkees at The Overture. 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $39.
- Isaiah Collier, Jaimie Branch, Gilles Coronado, Rafaelle Rinaudo, Tim Daisy at Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $20. 🟠
Sunday, April 17
- Brother Ali, Mally, DJ Last Word at Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $20 advance, $20 doors. 🟠
- Maya Lucia at The Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $10 advance, $12 doors.
Wondering what that 🟠 means?
That symbol next to an event listing means that Tone Madison’s team of writers and editors recommends checking it out. Tone knows Madison’s arts and music landscape better than anybody else.
Sign up for the Tone Madison weekly newsletter here.