Just so you know, the Flight of Lights drive-through light exhibit at the airport is open from 7:30-11:30 p.m. every night through the 17th. There are six main light displays, plus a bunch of other lights along the way. And it's free!
I hope you have a great week. 😊
- Wisconsin Film Festival at multiple venues. Thursday through April 14. $12 for individual screening tickets, $325 for all-festival pass. Catch up with Tone Madison's preview coverage of the festival. 🟠
- UW Science Expeditions – Campus Open House. Friday through Sunday. Interact with researchers, visit science venues across campus, and try your hand at Exploration Stations. All activities are free.
Monday, April 4
- Webinar: The international (and domestic) politics of climate, energy, and sanctions with Wisconsin Energy Institute. 3 p.m. Free.
- Lebanese Wine Tasting at Leopold's Books Bar Caffè. 5-7 p.m. $15 includes samples of red and white wines from Lebanon.
- Kishi Bashi, Tall Tall Trees at Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $25 advance, $30 doors .🟠
Tuesday, April 5
- Spring election!
- Presentation: Supply Chain Disruptions During Pandemic Times, part of the Badger Talks series. 12 p.m. Virtual option.
- Crossroads of Ideas: What is morality? at the Discovery Building. UW-Madison philosopher Russ Shafer-Landau and Cornell University psychologist Daniel Casasanto explore the essence of morality. 7 p.m. Virtual option. Free.
- Evenings with Audubon: "Is that bird O.K.?!" at Goodman Community Center. Rehabilitation staff from the Dane County Humane Society’s Wildlife Center will share how to identify whether a bird is sick, injured, or orphaned. 7 p.m.
- UW-Madison Symphony Orchestra at Hamel Music Center. 7:30 p.m. Free.
- Public Domain Movie Night: Stalag 17 (1953) at Bierock. From IMDb: "After two Americans are killed while escaping from a German P.O.W. camp in World War II, the barracks black marketeer, J.J. Sefton, is suspected of being an informer.." 8 p.m. Free.
Wednesday, April 6
- Grown-Up Gourmet Grilled Cheese cooking class at DelecTable. 6 p.m. $69.
Thursday, April 7
- InBusiness Magazine and The Downtowners networking event at The Brink Lounge. 5-7 p.m. Free admission.
- Happy Hour Improv at Atlas Improv Co. Flex your creative muscles and test the waters of improv. All skill levels welcome and no registration is needed. 6-8 p.m. Free.
- An Evening with Sam Li at Delta Beer Lab. Talk and Q&A with photographer/videographer Sam Li, whose work focuses on highlighting the beauty of the Midwest. 7 p.m. Free admission.
- Joe Hill: Alive As You And Me at Dark Horse Art Bar. A celebration of the life of Wobbly organizer and songwriter Joe Hill, killed by firing squad by the State of Utah in 1915 at the demand of the copper bosses. Show at 7:30 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Mills Folly Microcinema: The Essential Midwest James at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Show at 7:30 p.m. Read more in Tone Madison's feature on James Gavins' short film Cicada, screening at this event. 🟠
Friday, April 8
- Arty Party 2022 with Monroe Street Arts Center. Event will include food, art activities, raffle. 6 p.m. $65.
- Comedy Plus: A night of stand-up comedy, music, drag, and more at Crucible. 7 p.m. $10.
- KennyHoopla, Conor And Shoobie at Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $20 advance, $25 doors.
- Ata Kak, Jimmy Sugarcane at Union South Sett. Show at 8 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Rodrigo Villanueva Avant-Jazz Quartet, featuring Mark Feldman, Fareed Haque, and John Christensen at North Street Cabaret. 8 p.m. $20. 🟠
Saturday, April 9
- Dane County Farmers’ Market Late Winter Market at Garver Feed Mill. 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Free admission.
- A Toast To Gary at Sugar Shack Records. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Free. Read more about the impending closure of Sugar Shack Records in this story from Tone Madison. 🟠
- Group Skirmish Day at Olin Park. A casual day of group sparring open to all, fencers, spectators, and general medieval enjoyers alike. Starts at 11 a.m.
- Author Talk w/ Kristine Hansen "Wisconsin Farms and Farmers Markets: Tours, Trails, & Attractions" at Garver Feed Mill. 12 p.m. Free.
- Pinney Friends Spring Book Sale at Pinney Library. 9:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m. $5 Bag Sale from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- An Evening at Cherokee Marsh for Kids. Guided nature/birding hike. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Free.
- Madpolecats Reunion Fundraiser Event at BarleyPop Live. Fundraising event in partnership with The Polish Heritage Club of Madison Wisconsin to benefit Poland’s Ukrainian Assistance Fund. 8 p.m.
- Cribshitter, Andy Moore at Come Back In. Show at 9 p.m. Free. 🟠
Sunday, April 10
- “Slay the Day” Drag Brunch Extravaganza! at Garver Feed Mill. A fundraiser for Community Action Coalition For South Central Wisconsin. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. $100.
- Brunchtime Live! w/ dpartures at Robinia Courtyard. dpartures is a local upstart quartet focusing on bird-inspired bossa nova originals. 11 a.m-1 p.m.
- Family Nature Program: Explore Science Outdoors at UW-Madison Arboretum. 12:30 p.m.- 4 p.m. Free, no registration required.
- Real Talk: A Stand-Up and Storytelling Event at The Rigby. Real Talk mixes the wildness of stand-up comedy with the emotional and inspiring turn of storytelling to bring you a night of all the feels. 6 p.m. $10 advance, $15 doors.
Wondering what that 🟠 means?
That symbol next to an event listing means that Tone Madison’s team of writers and editors recommends checking it out. Tone knows Madison’s arts and music landscape better than anybody else.
Sign up for the Tone Madison weekly newsletter here.