The Madison Children’s Museum has expanded hours this week.
On that note, I’d like to do a better job of finding kid-friendly events. What’s your favorite place to take your kids? Reply and let me know. I’ll add your suggestions to our list of sources to check each week. 😊
Have a good week!
- Black Arts Matter Festival at Memorial Union Play Circle, Memorial Union Great Hall, and Wisconsin Union Theater. Wednesday through Saturday. Prices vary for individual events, see link for details and showtimes. 🟠
- International LGBTQ+ Film Festival at Union South Marquee. Thursday through Sunday. Free.
Monday, March 21
- Georgian Wine Tasting at Leopold's Books Bar Caffè. 5 p.m. $15 includes five sample pours.
- Madison Magazine Taste Event 2022 at The Edgewater. 6 p.m. $25.
- Zero 9:36 with Fame on Fire and Garzi at High Noon Saloon. Music at 8 p.m. $18 advance, $20 doors.
Tuesday, March 22
- Spring Training, tales from baseball’s live-ball era with Falconbridge Players at Lodgic Everyday Community. 7 p.m.
Greta Van Fleet with Rival Sons and The Velveteers at the Kohl Center. Tickets start at $49.50. 7 p.m.
- Omnium Gatherum, w/ Allegaeon, Black Crown Initiate and Tubal cain at Crucible. Metal. 7 pm. $18.
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia-themed trivia at High Noon Saloon. 7 p.m. Free.
- Black Midi, NNAMDÏ at Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $18 advance, $20 doors. 🟠
- Colin Haye at the Barrymore. 8 p.m. Tickets start at $35.
Wednesday, March 23
- Madison Area Top Workplaces Celebration from Madison Media Partners. Ceremony at 4 p.m. $35.
- Game of thrones Trivia at Paul’s Pel'meni. 6:45 p.m.
- Cowboy Amazing, Wanderer, Malevich, Jingleheimer at BarleyPop Live. 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 24
- Author Talk: Daniel Carpenter, author of "Democracy by Petition" at the Discovery Building. Virtual option. 5 p.m. Free.
- Spring Cocktail Class at The Cider Farm. Sample cocktails made with apple brandy and cider. 5:30 p.m. $25.
- Comedy Night at Harmony Bar by Groove Roulette. 7:30. $5-10.
- Pizza & Hard Hats with Urban League of Greater Madison. Hear first hand what it’s like to be in construction from professionals. 6 p.m.
- Flee screeing at Union South Marquee. Part of the International LGBTQ+ Film Fest. 7 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Joe “Mr. D” Dombrowski at Comedy on State. Comedian and kindergarten teacher. 9 p.m. $30.
Friday, March 25
- Poké and Beer Flights with FreshFin Poké at Delta Beer Lab. Flight of 2 poké bowls and one flight of beer for $23. 4:30-6 p.m.
- And Then We Danced screening at Union South Marquee. Part of the International LGBTQ+ Film Fest. 6 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Trances at UW Cinematheque. Screening at 7 p.m. Read more in this review from Tone. Free. 🟠
- Bright Eyes, Christian Lee Hutson at Sylvee. Music at 7 p.m. $45. 🟠
- Mickey Sunshine, Caryatids, Jonathon Millionaire at BarleyPop Live. Music at 8 p.m. $7. 🟠
- Rock 'n Roll High School: A Tribute to Punk at the Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $15.
- 90s Dance Party ft. Fool House at Garver Feed Mill. Music at 9 p.m. $15 advance, $20 doors.
- Queer All Year gay-la by Hot Summer Gays at Robinia Courtyard. Starts at 10 p.m. $5-$10.
- Fortune Feimster at the Barrymore. 10 p.m. Tickets start at $34.50.
Saturday, March 26
- Doundrins First Bloody Mary Fest. Sample bloody marys from local bars/restaurants, food trucks, music. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. $75.
- Barleywine Fest at Giant Jones Brewing Company. 12-6 p.m.
- Pup Crawl hosted by Puppy Up! at BarleyPop Tap and Shop. Bring your dog and drink. 2 p.m. Free admission.
- Disco Drag Brunch at The Bur Oak. Show at 2:30 p.m. Brunch menu by Ahan, drinks by Stateline, hosted by Bianca Lynn Breeze. $10 entry.
- Battle of the Badges at Madison Ice Arena. Police versus fire department hockey game. $5 payable at door. Game at 5 p.m.
- HUMP! Film Festival at the Barrymore. A festival of short erotic films. Two times: 6:30 p.m. & 10 p.m. $22.
- Annie And The Oakies, Nick Brown And Andrew Harrison at North Street Cabaret. Music at 8 p.m. $10. 🟠
- Unscripted! An (Almost Completely) Improvised Comedy Bonanza at The Rigby. 8 p.m. $10.
- Mad City Funk at the Bur Oak. Band is donating their proceeds to Ukraine-related causes. Music at 8 p.m. $12 advance, $15 doors.
- Dear Mr Watterson & Or Does It Explode at Dark Horse. Music at 9 p.m. Free.
- Capitol Social at Madison’s Youth Arts Center. Salsa lessons from 8-9 p.m., dance from 9 p.m.-12 a.m. $10 adults, free for kids.
- JVNA at Liquid. Music at 10 p.m. $20 18+, $15 21+.
Sunday, March 27
- CANCELLED BY ORGANIZER
Mimosa Fest at Liquid. 11 a.m. $15 regular admission, $45 VIP admission.
- Mad City Bridal Expo at Monona Terrace. 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Tickets free if register before March 23rd, $10 after that.
- The Handmaiden screening at Union South Marquee. Part of the International LGBTQ+ Film Fest. 3 p.m. Free.
- Jon Irabagon at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Music at 5 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Forward Theater Game Night Featuring Bingo at Goodman Community Center. Game exchange, table games, bingo, raffle prizes. 5-8 p.m. Adults $25, children 12 and under $10.
- Vieux Farka Touré at The Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $25 advance, $30 doors. 🟠
📡 On our radar...
- The cast of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" live at The Overture on April 2.
- The Spring Crafty Fair on April 3.
- Wisconsin Film Fest, April 7-14.
Wondering what that 🟠 means?
That symbol next to an event listing means that Tone Madison’s team of writers and editors recommends checking it out. Tone knows Madison’s arts and music landscape better than anybody else.
Sign up for the Tone Madison weekly newsletter here.