There are two things that I would like to share with you.
- Easter egg hunt list. Shoutout to Madison Mom for creating the definitive guide to local easter egg hunts.
- This super cool video of winter in Wisconsin. You might recognize Sam Li's name if you've been on the Madison Minutes email list for a while. He just released a video with some beautiful shots of winter in Wisconsin. Many of the clips are from the Madison area. It kinda feels like a hype video for the whole state?
I hope you have a great week!
- Vintage Kitchen Event! at Vinny's Willy St. Through Wednesday. Vintage aesthetics, Pyrex, Cast iron, and kitchen goods.
- UW Madison Friends of the Library book sale at Memorial Library. Wednesday through Saturday. Books, vinyl, movies, etc.
- UW Arts Crawl. Thursday through Saturday. Demonstrations, workshops, lectures, talks, performances, exhibitions, and rehearsals.
Monday, March 28
- “Propelling Women in Power” podcast preview event with the Wisconsin Energy Institute. New podcast about women in energy sciences. 4:30 p.m. Virtual. Free.
- Open Mic Comedy Night at The Bur Oak. 7-11 p.m. Free.
Tuesday, March 29
- Concert Bingo at High Noon Saloon. Prizes include merchandise and concert tickets. 5 p.m. $5 entry includes five rounds.
- Cap Times Talk: The Batman (2022) at Leopold's Books Bar Caffè. 6 p.m. Free.
- KoЯn w/ Chevelle and Code Orange at Alliant Energy Center. 6:30 p.m. Tickets start at $29.
- Schitt’s Creek Trivia at The Rigby. 7 p.m.
- National Geographic Live: Improbable Ascent with Maureen Beck at the Overture. 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $25.
- Open Mic at Red Rock Saloon Madison. Have a chuckle at the cowboy bar. Show at 8 p.m. Free.
Wednesday, March 30
- Bing & Ruth at Bur Oak. Doors at 7 p.m., music at 8 p.m. $15 advance, $17 doors. 🟠
- Mix & Mingle networking event with OPEN, Out Professional Engagement Network at Cargo Coffee – East. Come and go as your schedule allows. Free.
- Cocktails with the Author: Nickolas Butler. Join Nickolas Butler at Leopold's Books Bar Caffè for a reading and Q&A on his latest book, Godspeed. 7 p.m. Free admission.
- Presentation: Molecular Virology of Coronaviruses. Part of the Wednesday Nite @ The Lab series. 7 p.m. Virtual option.
- Eric Hutchinson at High Noon Saloon. Music at 8 p.m. $28 advance, $32 doors.
Thursday, March 31
- Elder Ones at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Doors at 6:30 p.m., music at 7 p.m. $18 advance ($15 advance for students, Arts + Literature Laboratory Members, and Tone Madison Sustainers), $20 doors. 🟠
- Author Talk: Matt Rothschild, author of "Twelve Ways to Save Democracy in Wisconsin" at Central Library. Virtual option. 7 p.m. Free.
- George Hinchliffe's Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at Wisconsin Union Theater. A joyous salute to the ukulele! 7:30 p.m. $30-$50.
Friday, April 1
- Heathers (1988) screening at UW Cinematheque. Doors at 6:30 p.m., screening at 7 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Sirena by Leslie Damaso and Mr. Chair at Arts + Literature Laboratory. 7:30 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Graham Hunt, Mol Siullivan, Sunny Falls at Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $10. 🟠
- Spirit Of The Beehive, Deeper at Union South Sett. Music at 8 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Dark Horse ArtBar Presents: ELEMENTS. Live electronic music fused with poetry. 9 p.m.
- Family Friday at the Chazen. Join Curator of Education Candie Waterloo on the first Friday of each month, when she posts a Family Friday video on Facebook demonstrating fun do-at-home projects for the whole family.
- Chelsea Cutler at the Sylvee. Show at 8 p.m. $29.50 advance, $35 doors.
- Acraze at Liquid. Music at 10 p.m. $20-25.
Saturday, April 2
- Dane County Farmers’ Market Late Winter Market at Garver Feed Mill. 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Free admission.
- Yellow & Blues Ukraine Benefit at The East Side Club. Featuring Cash Box Kings and special guests. Music at 7 p.m. $15.
- Dina Nina Comedy Hour at Giant Jones Brewing Company. 7 p.m. Suggested $10 cover.
- Tim Albright, Dane Richeson, Marc Urness, Bill Carrothers and Ted Piltzecker at North Street Cabaret. 8 p.m. $20. 🟠
- The cast of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" live at The Overture. 8 p.m. Tickets start at $30.
- Leather + Lace: April Fool's Masquerade at Crucible Madison. 8:30 p.m. $5 if dressed as theme, $10 if wearing street clothes. Doors at 8:30 p.m.
- Tom Petty Tribute Band featuring Gregg Hall and the Wrecking Ball at Harmony Bar & Grill. 9 p.m. $10.
Sunday, April 3
- Chris Renzema at the Barrymore. 7 p.m. Tickets start at $20.
- The Big Big Big Comedy Show at the Bur Oak. Comedians from across the midwest. 8 p.m. $10 advance, $15 doors.
- The Spring Crafty Fair at the Goodman Center. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 40 vendors with handmade items for sale.
Wondering what that 🟠 means?
That symbol next to an event listing means that Tone Madison’s team of writers and editors recommends checking it out. Tone knows Madison’s arts and music landscape better than anybody else.
Sign up for the Tone Madison weekly newsletter here.