Once again, there's so much going on in town — both virtually and in-person!
I hope everyone has a great week. 😊
Monday, March 7
- Pundamonium, a pun slam, at High Noon Saloon. Show at 7 p.m. $7.
- Open Mic Comedy Night at The Bur Oak. 7-11 p.m. Free.
Tuesday, March 8
- Virtual field trip to the Houston Space Center with DreamBank. 4 p.m. Free.
- BadBadNotGood at the Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $30 advance, $35 doors.
- Author Talk: Alison Townsend, author of "The Green Hour." 7 p.m. Virtual. Free.
Wednesday, March 9
- Beer Bingo with Giant Jones Brewing Co. at Bierock. 6:30 p.m. Free to play.
- First Look at the Fest from the Wisconsin Film Festival. Admission includes film guide, food & drinks, and early access to trailers and ticket sales. 7 p.m. $40 advance, $50 doors.
- Hiss Golden Messenger, Alexa Rose at High Noon Saloon. Music at 8 p.m. $21 advance, $26 doors. 🟠
- Coheed and Cambria at the Sylvee. Music at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $29.50.
Thursday, March 10
- Living and Leading With My Whole Self with Culture Community. "We live in a world that forces us, implicitly and explicitly, to adhere closely to established norms and ways of being. Join Justin Rosen Smolen as he shares what is is like to lead as someone with two minority identities." 8:30 a.m. Virtual. Free.
- George Hesselberg reads from “Dead Lines: Slices of Life from the Obit Beat” at Verona Public Library. 6:30 p.m. Free.
- Hush, a low-sensory dance experience at Crucible Madison. No strobes, lasers, or fog; a lower sound volume, and chill atmosphere. 7 p.m. $5.
- Silk Stranger, Lunar Moth, Supper Club at The Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $5 advance, $7 doors. 🟠
- The Faux Paws at North Street Cabaret. Part of the Sugar Maple Concert Series. 8 p.m. $13 advance, $20 doors.
- Gaelic Storm at The Barrymore. 8 p.m. $25 advance, $30 doors.
- Author Talk: Lindsay Christians, author of “Madison Chefs” at Central Library. 7 p.m. 🟠
Friday, March 11
- Anders Svanoe's El Dragón CD Release at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Music at 7 p.m. $10. 🟠
- What's Up, Doc? (1972) screening at UW Cinematheque. Screening at 7. Free. 🟠
- Evan Verploegh, Brennan Connors and Seth Andrew Davis at Audio For The Arts. Music at 8 p.m. $15. 🟠
- Comedy Plus: A night of stand-up comedy, music, drag, and more at Crucible. 7 p.m. $10.
- Curator’s Conversations: Pressing Innovation with James Wehn at Chazen Museum of Art. 4 p.m. Free.
- Subtronics at The Sylvee. Music at 8 p.m. $35 advance, $40 doors.
- The Honey Pies at the Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $10 advance, $12 doors.
- Victor Garcia Quartet at Cafe CODA. $20.
Saturday, March 12
- Madison Shamrock Shuffle benefitting the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County. Start at 8 a.m.
- Thrifty Market at Garver Feed Mill. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. A handful of vintage vendors, with most items under $20.
- Dane County Farmers’ Market Late Winter Market at Garver Feed Mill. 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Free admission.
- Ask the Holistic Vet Day at bad dog frida. 1-4 p.m. $10 suggested donation for 10 minutes of advice.
- Madcity Cocktails 2022 launch party at Funk’s Pub. 3-6 p.m. Free admission.
- Sonora, Treatment, Dear Mr. Watterson, Sex, Fear at The Rigby. Music at 9 p.m. $5. 🟠
Sunday, March 13
- Pre-Pi Day Pop-up with Manna Cafe at Leopold's Books Bar Caffè. Manna Cafe & Bakery is back for one day only to celebrate Pi Day! Open at 9 a.m.
- Family Nature Walk at UW Aboretum. 1 p.m. Free.
- Ecstatic Dance at Variations Dance Studio. Freeform dance, let your heart and the music guide your limbs. 1-3 p.m. $20.
- Norrtullsligan (1923) screening at UW Cinematheque. 2 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Artists' Books & Periodicals Pop Ups with Stephen Perkins at Garver Feed Mill. 2-4 p.m.
- Week 7 of the Winter Festival of Poetry. 8-week series features six poets each week, reading for roughly 10-12 minutes each. 2 p.m. Free.
- Tours of the historic Nathaniel & Harriet Dean House. 2-4 pm. Visit 9 rooms furnished in the Victorian style, learn about the Deans and their farm. $5.
- Glad Rags, LINE, MQBS at The Bur Oak. Doors at 7 p.m., music at 8 p.m. $10 advance, $12 doors. 🟠
📡 On our radar...
- Glass Animals at the Sylvee on March 16.
- Bach Around The Clock Festival on March 16-20
- International Festival on March 19.
- Black Arts Matter Festival on March 23-26. 🟠
- HUMP! Film Festival on March 26.
- Barleywine Fest on March 26.
- Wisconsin Cooks for Ukraine on March 27.
- Mimosa Fest on March 27.
Wondering what that 🟠 means?
That symbol next to an event listing means that Tone Madison’s team of writers and editors recommends checking it out. Tone knows Madison’s arts and music landscape better than anybody else.
Sign up for the Tone Madison weekly newsletter here.