We fell back an hour this morning thanks to Daylight Saving Time. Remember to set your clocks back an hour!
(Or just resign to knowing that the clock on your oven is wrong for the next six months, which is my plan.)
Wednesday | 7 p.m. | Shamrock Bar | $5
Five rounds of bingo hosted by the Cynthia Mooseknuckle.
Best of the Midwest Comedy Showcase
Thursday | 7:30 p.m. | Comedy on State | $5+
Selection of both established and promising up-and-coming local and regional comics.
Thursday | 9 p.m. | The Majestic | $17+
It's exactly what it sounds like.
Aaron Brenton’s Shutter Step, Yin Waster, Hannah Edlén 🟠
Friday | Show at 9 p.m. | Dark Horse ArtBar | $8
Combined, this is one of the more eclectic and varied three-band bills that will be on offer throughout the week, swinging an impressive gamut of styles. Read more from Tone Madison →
Bereft, Aseethe, Corridoré, The American Dead, PV, Whisky Pig 🟠
Saturday | Show at 5 p.m. | BarleyPop Live | $5-10
Bereft's final show honors the life of co-founder Alex Linden. Read more from Tone Madison →
Fall Gospel Fest
Saturday | 6:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $28+
This annual event brings award-winning artists to Madison to perform both traditional and contemporary gospel music.
Homie Fest II 🟠
Saturday | 1-11 p.m. | The Rigby | $20
Fourteen exciting emo or emo-adjacent bands in one day at $20 is a bargain that's reflective of the genre's storied DIY upbringing. Read more from Tone Madison →
Case Kämäräinen 🟠
Saturday | 7 p.m. | Café Coda | $20
Split between the U.S., Finland, and Poland, Case Kämäräinen‘s international dynamic pays off in the quartet’s versatility. Read more from Tone Madison →
Winter Art Fair Off the Square
Saturday and Sunday | Monona Terrace | $5 admission, kids under 12 free
135+ Wisconsin exhibitors with a selection of pottery, paintings, fiber, glass art, wood, photography, jewelry, graphics, sculpture and more.
Sunday | 7 a.m. | $75+
Races start and finish on Madison's Capitol Square and run through several iconic areas of the city.
The Fab Four Beatles Tribute
Sunday | 6 p.m. | The Barrymore | $32
Oooooh they even do a few costume changes.
📡 On our radar...
- Nonprofit Night Out & Volunteer Fair on Nov. 14
- Brigitte Fielder: I’ll Fly Away - Birds and the Enslaved in Flight in Audubon’s World on Nov. 15
- Madison Gem & Mineral Show on Nov. 19 and 20
- DJ Pauly D on Nov. 18
- Brew Lights on Dec. 1
🍂 Fall fun
- 10 Spots for Fall Colors in Madison (Destination Madison)
- 9 fall drink specials to warm you up in the Madison area (Madison Magazine)
- Fall Farms, Pumpkin Patches & Orchards (Madison Mom)
- Mr. Autumn Man Walking Down Street With Cup Of Coffee, Wearing Sweater Over Plaid Collared Shirt (The Onion)
- Madison-area farmers stands, corn mazes, pumpkin patches and more (Madison Magazine)
- Take a fall drive: 8 day trip adventures (Madison Magazine)