Events this week: May 9
It's that time of year again! Friends and family of UW students will be flocking to town for graduation ceremonies this weekend (May 13 & 14). You can find all the details here.
I hope you have a good week! 😊
Monday, May 9
- Open Mic with Andy Smith and Bill Roberts Combo at Come Back In. 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 10
- Ukrainian Refugee Fundraiser with Alaskan Brewing at Bierock. 2-9 p.m.
- Webinar: Native Bees of Wisconsin. 6:30 p.m. Free.
- "Birding is for Everyone" Presentation at Pinney Branch library. 7 p.m. Free.
- Strand Of Oaks, Pat Finnerty at High Noon Saloon. Music at 8 p.m. $19.50 advance, $22 doors. 🟠
Wednesday, May 11
- “Pandemic Struggles and Silver Linings” with infectious disease researcher Dr. Nasia Safdar. 6 p.m. Virtual. Free. Registration required.
- Mark Croft Band Concert at Olin Park Pavilion. 6 p.m. Free.
- Belles & Chimes Meet Up at I/O Arcade Bar. Group brings female identifying and nonbinary people to play pinball together. 6:30 p.m.
- Drag Queen Bingo at Shamrock Bar & Grille. 7-9 p.m. $5-10.
Thursday, May 12
- Madison Night Market. Vendors showcase handmade products, local art, artisan gifts, prepackaged foods, and fresh produce on State Street and Gilman Street. Live music, artists, special visiting food carts, vendors. 3-7 p.m.
- Mike Cammilleri Organ Trio at North Street Cabaret. 7 p.m. $10. 🟠
- Ready to Wear fashion show from the Madison Reading Project. Paper inspired benefit fashion show benefitting childhood literacy cause. 7 p.m. $55 general admission, $85 VIP.
- J.E. Sunde at The Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $12 advance, $15 doors. 🟠
Friday, May 13
- Tap Takeover: 3 Sheeps Brewing at The Biergarten at Olbrich Park. 2-9 p.m. Free admission.
- Richard Hildner Armacanqui Group at Café Coda. 7 p.m. $10. 🟠
- Outside the Sphere, Devin Drobka at Communication. Music at 7:30 p.m. $8. 🟠
- 80s Rewind - A Video Dance Party at Crucible. 8 p.m. $5.
- Grateful Dead Europe ’72 – 50 Year Anniversary with Seaside Zoo at High Noon Saloon. Music at 8:30 p.m. $10 advance, $15 doors.
- Arkheim Ra, Woodman/Earhart, DJ Hanna, Terran at BarleyPop Live. 8 p.m. 🟠
Saturday, May 14
- Kids Building Wisconsin at McKee Farms Park in Fitchburg. Event for kids to promote careers in the construction industry. 40+ interactive exhibits. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free.
- Uncork Me wine tasting festival at Breese Stevens Field. $45 includes unlimited sampling. 3-6 p.m.
- HÄXAN with live soundtrack by Joe Clark, Chad McCullough, Jon Irabagon, Dave Miller, and Alvin Cobb Jr. at Café Coda. 7 p.m. $20. 🟠
- The Faith Hills Have Eyes, All Meridians, House Of Lud at The Wisco. 8 p.m. 🟠
- The Regrettes, Alex Lahey at Majestic. Music at 8 p.m. $22 advance, $25 doors. 🟠
- Love Never Dies: A Dark 90's Prom at Crucible. Doors at 9 p.m. $8.
Sunday, May 15
- Paul Dietrich Jazz Ensemble at The Bur Oak. Music at 7 p.m. $15. 🟠
- Full Moon Night Walk and Lunar Eclipse Watch Party at the Arboretum. 7-10 p.m. Free.
- An Evening with Neil Gaiman at the Orpheum. 8 p.m. Tickets start at $103. 🟠
📡 On our radar
- Art Into Action: Drawing Awareness to Childhood Lead Poisoning in Wisconsin on May 19.
- The Mountain Goats on May 21. 🟠
- Record Sale Event from Communication on May 21. 🟠
- WORTstock on May 22.
- Bastille at The Sylvee on June 1.
- Verona Hometown Days on June 3.
- Madfest Juggling Extravaganza on June 11.
🗣️ Want your message to reach Madison? Learn about our advertising options.
📨 Need something else? Email us at email@example.com.