Here are two fun events that span a couple of days:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in Concert with the Madison Symphony Orchestra at Overture. Saturday and Sunday. Movie plays but the music comes from a live symphony orchestra. Tickets start at $55.
- Badger Bonsai Show at Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Saturday and Sunday. Tiny trees!!! 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Have a good week!
Monday, May 16
- Lunch for Libraries with Guy Raz. 11:30 am. Fundraiser featuring journalist and podcast host Guy Raz.
- Chamber Music @ ALL - Powerful Women at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Music at 7 p.m., $20 advance, $25 doors. 🟠
- Pundamonium: The Madison Pun Slam! at High Noon Saloon. 7 p.m. $7.
Tuesday, May 17
- Panel: “Equity = Ownership” with the Greater Madison Area Chamber of Commerce. 8 a.m. Free.
- Real Talk: A Stand-Up and Storytelling Event at The Bur Oak. 7 p.m. $10.
Wednesday, May 18
- Vinyl Night at Bierock. Every customer that brings in a record will receive Happy Hour pricing on beer and one half price appetizer. 6-10 p.m.
Thursday, May 19
- Words with Nerds at Crucible. Come out for a night of professors being funny, stand-up comedians being professorial, and everything in between. 7:30 p.m. $10.
- Art Into Action: Drawing Awareness to Childhood Lead Poisoning in Wisconsin. 7 p.m. Free.
Friday, May 20
- Artist Reception at Local Motive. Drink drinks, see art on renovated railroad car. 6 p.m.-close.
- Tap Takeover: Third Space Brewing at the Olbrich Park Biergarten. 3-10 p.m.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Crucible featuring the cast of Madison's Velvet. Show at 12 a.m. $8.
Saturday, May 21
- Record Sale Event at Communication. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 🟠
- Lake Wingra Watershed Gathering with the the Dudgeon Monroe Neighborhood Association. Family activities, resources, 30 organizations committed to clean water. 1 to 4 p.m.
- Madison Sharefest at Occupy Madison. Free stuff! Give and take situation. 2 p.m.-11 p.m. Free admission, but wouldn’t it be kinda funny if they charged?
- Wrenclaw, Aaron Scholz at Memorial Union Terrace. 7 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Fitzpatrick/Rosenau/Wincek at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Music at 7 p.m., $15 advance, $20 doors. 🟠
- The Mountain Goats, Will Sheff at Sylvee. Music at 8 p.m. $40. 🟠
- The Arkoffs, Rocket Bureau, Shazy Hade at Mickey's Tavern. 10 p.m., free. Release show for Rocket Bureau's Middle Angst LP. 🟠
Sunday, May 22
- 25th Annual Barrymore Flea Market at – you guessed it – The Barrymore. Local vendors onsite, mainly cash sales. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free admission.
- WORTstock at Warner Park. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Free.
- Dane County Master Gardener Plant Sale. 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Madtown Artisans Third Annual Spring Event at Goodman Community Center. Roughly 40 local artists and makers. 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Free.
- New Music Series: Louka Patenaude at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Music at 5 p.m. Free, donations requested. Read about Louka Patenaude's solo album Testing Your Patience in Tone Madison's feature story from November. 🟠
- Patton Oswalt at the Orpheum. 7 p.m. $45+.
- The Big Big Big Charity Show!: Stand-Up Comedy for a Cause at The Bur Oak. Proceeds of the show will be donated to the American Heart Association. 7 p.m. Madison. $15.
📡 On our radar
- Bastille at The Sylvee on June 1.
- Verona Hometown Days on June 3.
- Madfest Juggling Extravaganza on June 11.