I rounded up a bunch of fun stuff for ya. Enjoy!
- Brat Fest. Food, drinks, activites, music (lots of country). Friday-Sunday.
- Best of the Midwest comedy showcase at Comedy on State. Established and up-and-coming comics from around the region. Thursday through Saturday.
Monday, May 23
- Book Release: A Dog Lover's Guide to Hiking Wisconsin's State Parks at Leopold's Books Bar Caffè. The dog signs book, too. 6 p.m. Free.
- Author Talk: Kwame Onwuachi. In his first cookbook, Kwame Onwuachi shares the dishes of his America. Free copies will be given to all attendees. 6 p.m. Free.
Tuesday, May 24
- Presentation: "The World Needs Dance" with Kate Corby, professor of dance at the UW. Part of Badger Talks series. 12 p.m.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay Was Working Some Stuff Out, a dramatic workshop at Darkhorse Artbar. Falconbridge Players presents a dramatic workshop of two short plays. 7 p.m. Free.
- National Geographic Live: Invisible Wonders with Anand Varma. Nature photographer. 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $25.
Wednesday, May 25
- Unlock the Drop Boxes rally at the Capitol with the League of Women Voters Wisconsin. 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Panchromatic Steel Steel Drum Concert at Olin Park Pavilion. 6 to 8 p.m. Free.
- Predator Insects and Wasps: Their Role and Benefit in our Gardens at Goodman Community Center. PhD student Ben Iuliano will make the case that wasps are good, actually. Virtual option. 6 p.m. Free.
- The Cherry Pit at Café Coda. 7 p.m. $10.
- Presentation: "COVID & the Museum: How Arts Institutions are Re-emerging in a Post-Pandemic World.” Dr. Amy Gilman, director of the Chazen, will share insights about the museum’s progress over the last 5 years, and how the pandemic shifted priorities for the institution. 7 p.m.
- Makaya McCraven, Blood Moon at High Noon Saloon. Music at 7 p.m.. $15. Read more in Tone Madison's interview with McCraven. 🟠
Thursday, May 26
- Benefit: Nehemiah Center for Urban Leadership Development at The Biergarten at Olbrich Park. 4-10 p.m.
- Outdoor concert: Nester, Made of Blocks & The Flavor That Kills at Grand Crossing Park in Monona. 5:30 p.m. Free.
Friday, May 27
- Member Party: PJs & Popsicles. MCM’s most popular member party returns. Wear your pajamas, bring a stuffie, and party in the museum after hours. 5-8 p.m.
- Freddie Gibbs, Zack Fox, Jean Le Duke at Sylvee. Music at 8 p.m. $27.50 advance, $30 doors. 🟠
- Sam Robinson Quintet at North Street Cabaret. 8 p.m. $20. 🟠
- Dead Rider, Lung, Heather The Jerk at Dark Horse ArtBar. 9 p.m. $10. 🟠
Saturday, May 28
- Tori Amos at The Orpheum. Music at 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $39.50.
- Damien Jurado, Chris Pureka at The Bur Oak. Music at 8 p.m. $25 advance, $30 doors. 🟠
- Emo Night with Top 8 at BarleyPop Live. Emo and pop-punk covers. Music at 8 p.m. $5 at the door.
- Hot Summer Gays: y2queer at Robinia Courtyard. 10 p.m. $5 to $10 sliding scale. 🟠
Sunday, May 29
- Drag Bingo! ft. Bianca Lynn Breeze & Keri Traide at the Bur Oak. 2 p.m.
📡 On our radar
- Bastille at The Sylvee on June 1.
- Verona Hometown Days on June 3-5.
- Animal Collective at the Majestic on June 4.
- 3rd Annual Madison Brewery Bike Race on June 5.
- Aly & AJ at the Majestic on June 6.
- Madfest Juggling Extravaganza on June 11.
- Madison 80s & 90s vintage market on June 11 and 12.