Hello, dear reader!
At the time this newsletter was sent, it was a balmy 80 degrees in Madison. Here are three fantastic resources to help you celebrate summer:
- FESTIVALS! Wondering if your favorite festival is back on this summer? Check out the Isthmus' summer festival calendar.
- PATIOS! This patio guide from the Cap Times includes information about more than 250 local patios.
- SUMMER CAMPS! Madison Mom created a comprehensive list of summer camps in the Madison area.
Have a good week!
Monday, May 30
- Suffocation, Atheist, Soreption, Contrarion, Vermillion at Crucible. 6 p.m. $22 advance, $25 doors. 🟠
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) screening at Memorial Union Terrace. From IMDb: "Blacksmith Will Turner teams up with eccentric pirate 'Captain' Jack Sparrow to save his love, the governor's daughter, from Jack's former pirate allies, who are now undead." 9 p.m. Free.
Tuesday, May 31
- Lunch with a Founder: Ana Kraft, founder of Xena Workwear. Hosted by StartingBlock Madison. 12 to 1 p.m. Virtual. Free.
- Timeless Music and a Timeless Disease: Classical Composers and Consumption at Arts + Literature Lab. 7:30 p.m. Free.
Wednesday, June 1
- Dragonfly Monitoring Walk at the UW Arboretum with the Wisconsin Dragonfly Society. Guided walk to monitor dragonflies, including identifying species and collecting data for the Arboretum’s dragonfly monitoring project. 3 p.m. Free.
- Covet, Hikes, King Of Heck at High Noon Saloon. Doors at 6:30 p.m., music at 7:30 p.m. $20 advance, $25 doors. 🟠
- Bastille at The Sylvee. Show at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $39.50.
- MAMAs Hip Hop Night at the Bur Oak. Featuring Marcus Porter, Dude Da Def, Poetic Ye, Meish, Suave, Tweezy P
Hosted by K.I.L.O. Show 8 p.m. $15.
Thursday, June 2
Friday, June 3
- Before The Light Art Market at Imaginary Factory. 3 to 11 p.m. 🟠
- Tomato Box at Memorial Union Terrace. 4 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Perfect Harmony Chorus Spring Concert: Language of the Soul, 7:30 p.m. $25.
- PROUD AS F#@K!" art show reception at Dark Horse ArtBar. Features all LGBTQ+ artists. 7 p.m.
- "Bodega" outdoor market at Breese Stevens field. 4-8 p.m. Free.
- Matthew Muñeses Quintet at North Street Cabaret. 8 p.m. $20. 🟠
- Chris Mann: Phantom Voices at the Overture. The Phantom of the Opera music. 8 p.m. Tickets start at $30.
- Robinia Court Friday Night Disco. Outdoor dance party (indoors if raining) with a 10-piece 70's disco/funk big band. 9 p.m.
Saturday, June 4
- Friends of Madison Public Library Big Book Sale. Seven library Friends' groups are pooling their inventory for a large sale of gently used and new books that have been donated. 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Madison Vintage Market at Neighborhood House Community Center. 12-3 p.m.
- All Ages Improv Show at Harmony Bar. Improv that's appropriate for both kids and adults. 5:30 p.m. $12.50.
- ZRL: Our Savings at Arts + Literature Laboratory. Doors at 6:30 p.m., music at 7 p.m. $15 advance, $20 doors. 🟠
- The Tim Daisy 4 Tet at North Street Cabaret. 8:30 p.m. $20. 🟠
- Graham Marlowe aka Lakewaves at Communication. 7 p.m. 🟠
- Johannes Wallmann & Precarious Towers at Café Coda. 7 p.m. $20. 🟠
Sunday, June 5
- Bob Westfall "Celebration of Life" Concert at High Noon Saloon. Doors at 1 p.m., music at 2 p.m. Free. 🟠
- Simplified Characters, Meliorists, Clare McCullough at Communication. 7 p.m. 🟠
- Madison Brewery Bike Race. No marked course – just get from one brewery to the other. 12-6 p.m. $30.